Free to International Foundation and ISCEBS members
New Mental Health Parity Guidance: More Clarity, but More Compliance Obligations
Wednesday, August 30, 2023|3:00-4:30 p.m. ET
The IRS, DOL and HHS recently released new guidance on the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA). Join us for this webinar as we break down hundreds of pages of new guidance affecting plan sponsors, third-party administrators, pharmacy benefit managers and others. Learn about topics with extensive implications for the benefits landscape, including proposed regulations along with a technical release and a new report to Congress on MHPAEA enforcement.
Join us for this web seminar where we will discuss:
• New rules for determining what is a “predominant” nonquantitative treatment limitation (NQTL)
• New requirements to gather certain statistical information
• Strategies to make sure that your plan’s NQTL comparative analysis can be distributed in the new timeframe required under the regulations—generally, 30 days
• Whether plan sponsors should consider eliminating some NQTLs to simplify compliance
• “Safe harbor” provisions for some NQTLs, if certain conditions are satisfied
• New, attention-grabbing notice requirements to plan enrollees if the plan violates MHPAEA
• Update on the enforcement efforts of the DOL and HHS.