We are currently seeking a Benefits Specialist to join our Human Resources team!
As the Benefits Specialist, you will work collaboratively across the HR department and organization to provide exceptional customer support to Salem Health, West Valley Hospital, Salem Health Medical Group employees and their dependents on all aspects of total rewards and benefits. As the specialists you will serve as the subject matter expert and administration leader for all benefit offerings at Salem Health. You will be an active participant and recommender on benefit programs, analysis, communication and training.
Core Job Functions
- Serves as primary benefit administrator for assigned benefits programs which might include wealth, wellness, medical, dental, vision, EAP, pharmacy, FSA/HSA, life insurance, COBRA, Retirees, and/or retirement plans. Maintains subject matter expertise in regards to designated focus areas and related regulatory requirements. Manages vendor relationships including but not limited to holding them accountable to plan design, integration, contracts, service level agreements, materials and delivery. Leads internal stakeholders regarding benefit plan design and delivery as well as answering or directing customer service needs to appropriate departments and/or vendor(s).
Communication, Open Enrollment, and Training:
- Serves as a subject matter expert on related benefits communication and training opportunities, including annual Open Enrollment.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders and external vendors to manage communication material production and distribution.
- Organizes, leads, and/or facilitates internal trainings for Human Resources department, employees and leaders.
- Assesses need for, and develops or works with HRIS Analyst to develop, internal audit methods and procedures using lean methodology and problem solving tools.
- Leads and/or performs internal audits as needed.
- Assists with preparation and data gathering for external plan audits and regulatory filings as applicable.
- Audits vendor billing.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent relevant experience required.
- Minimum of five years HR experience and at least (2) years of benefit experience.
Special Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Experience with audits and keeping detailed financial records required.
- Aptitude for understanding customer needs, providing proactive communication and excellent follow-through required.
- Intermediate to advanced skill in Microsoft Office Tools including Excel, Word and Outlook required.
- Knowledge of benefit laws and regulations required.
- Experience with Lawson and Crystal Reports preferred.
- Familiarity with the business processes in an HR environment and Payroll, including process. improvement and mapping techniques also preferred.
Preferred Licensures & Certifications
- CEBS preferred
- PHR or SHRM- CP preferred
For questions, please contact Taylor Hermes at: Taylor.Hermes@salemhealth.org