Honored as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason in Seattle, WA, is internationally recognized as a preeminent organization that is focused on transforming health care. True to that vision, we spent this past decade creating and delivering a multitude of innovations. The results? Industry-changing process improvements and initiatives that have revolutionized our ability to eliminate waste, cut costs, and most importantly, improve the quality of services. Our commitment to Team Medicine and the transformation of health care is what built our reputation as a quality leader, and empowers us with the capability to provide rapid access to care through our Virginia Mason Production System.
As a key member of our leadership team, you will help to continually develop the results-driven initiatives that define our success and are transforming healthcare.
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, this position will oversee and direct the design, development, implementation, administration, and continuous improvement of compensation, benefit, reward, recognition, and wellness programs that are aligned with Virginia Mason’s total rewards philosophy and strategy, organizational goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. This position will lead the total rewards function and will be responsible to develop short-term and long-term solutions and strategies that are consistent with Virginia Mason’s vision to be the quality leader and transform health care.
- Lead the development and deployment of a comprehensive total rewards strategy that will attract and retain talent to drive Virginia Mason’s Strategic Plan.
- Provide leadership for total rewards programs, trends, and methodologies, while ensuring compliance with all legal and government regulations related to compensation, recognition, benefits and wellness programs. Proactively monitor all regulatory compliance requirements (e.g., reporting, disclosure, procedures) for compensation, benefits, recognition and wellness programs (e.g., minimum wage, FLSA, ERISA, PPACA, GINA).
- Participate as a strategic and active member of the HR Leadership Team in development of human capital strategies and tactical approaches to deliver high impact solutions and drive HR initiatives related to total rewards; and participate in Virginia Mason wide committees, teams, and guiding teams, as appropriate.
- Directs the planning, development and administration of all total rewards programs. Identifies, recommends, and manages changes and new programs to maintain a cost effective, competitive total rewards programs. Ensures integration with HRIS.
- Oversee the management of our Total Rewards vendor relationships, benefits contracts, and bid negotiation; oversee RFPs, contract renewals, rate negotiations, service agreements and plan design. Partners and communicates with providers, consultants, administrators, legal advisors, and auditors for services and plan administration
- Oversees the company’s wellness program as a cost containment effort for the health care plans and to increase employees’ awareness and understanding of health concerns and costs.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive communication strategy for compensation, recognition, benefits and wellness programs and identifying opportunities to better enable Virginia Mason to improve staff engagement, facilitate proactive and effective messaging and cadence as well as support the strategic plan.
- Leads staff toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Fosters the development of others and facilitates cooperation and teamwork. Delegates responsibility, clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Develops the ability of others by providing ongoing feedback and by providing opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods.
- Consults with internal business partners, including executives and management, to assess benefits, compensation, recognition and wellness programs and compliance needs. Provides education, mentoring and training to HR staff on processes and professional practices within the total rewards process.
- Lead process improvement work using the Virginia Mason Production System methodologies to ensure total rewards processes are efficient, user friendly, and support the objective of engaging team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business management, finance, or related field required. Master’s degree and/or CCP or CBP preferred.
- 7+ years’ of progressively responsible compensation and benefit plan design and administration experience; minimum of 5 years team building and staff management experience; experience in a healthcare organization or with Lean preferred. Significant experience in setting compensation and benefits strategy.
- Experience in design, implementation, and management of compensation and benefit programs, including executive compensation plans. Other HR experience to include working with a unionized work force a plus. Strong knowledge of U.S. FLSA, state and federal regulations impacting pay and record keeping as well as benefits plans including ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, Section 125, FMLA, and ACA.
- Skill and knowledge in the collection, analysis and determination of market salary and total compensation data. Strong analytical and quantitative skills for financial modeling, salary structure design, incentive plan design, market benchmarking and job evaluation. Strong knowledge and experience with HRIS systems.
- Working knowledge of other HR system applications. - Experience developing processes and procedures to optimize technology solutions for human resources. Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects from concept to finish. Strong team leadership skills to acquire, coach, develop and retain talent. Strong interpersonal/collaboration skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills and presentation skills. Proficiency with MS Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Strategic mindset and experience driving change.
Virginia Mason offers much more than competitive compensation and benefits. With continuing education opportunities and the added potential of relocation assistance, you will find our commitment to your well-being is both rewarding and refreshing.
There is also the lifestyle benefit that comes with finding yourself in the heart of the Pacific Northwest. Surrounded by the vibrancy and sophistication of one of the most livable cities in the country, finding the perfect urban or outdoor pursuit will instinctively and pleasurably become second nature.
For more information or to apply online visit our website at http://jobs.VirginiaMason.org, job #192102. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.