The Waterfront Employers of British Columbia (WEBC) is looking for an energetic problem-solver with exceptional people skills and a customer focussed outlook who is looking for an opportunity to build their career within the benefits and pension field.
The Benefits Administrator will work closely with WEBC team members in the delivery of pension and benefits services to the longshore workforce, and gain exposure to the thriving maritime industry in BC. Reporting to the Benefits Manager, the Administrator will work in a fast-paced environment to provide support and coordination to deliver timely and accurate benefits administration.Key accountabilities:Our ideal candidate:
- Customer Service Focussed: You have outstanding people skills and a strong service orientation. You demonstrate empathy and go the extra mile for both external clients and internal stakeholders, while adhering to plan policies and procedures.
- Detail Oriented: You are highly organized and comfortable managing many tasks and high-volume processes to ensure claims are properly completed and include all necessary documentation.
- Problem-Solver: You are analytical, comfortable with numbers and have the ability to easily interpret plan details and then adjudicate claims based on eligibility and benefit provisions.
- Trusted Team Member: You are a self-starter who is able to work independently and who sees the value of collaboration and creating an environment where the pension and benefits team can be successful together.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- Proficient with formula calculations both manually and in excel
- Previous experience in benefits administration and CEBS designation complete (or in process) is preferred
- Full-time in the office five (5) days per week (8 hours per day) during regular business hours
The Waterfront Employers of British Columbia (WEBC) is a not-for-profit third party administrator, responsible for supporting health & pension trusts and processing health and pension benefits for approximately 7000 active and retired Longshore and Foremen members and their dependents.
We believe in achieving long term sustainable results by supporting and investing in our employees. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer ongoing education and a generous pension.
We’re located in Railtown, close to transit and just minutes away from Gastown and Chinatown. Parking is available in our designated lot for those who drive. Our office features beautiful exposed brick, modern workstations in an open environment.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. WEBC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants.