Ullico Inc. is actively recruiting a Vice President, Group Underwriting to be located in our Silver Spring, MD office. The person will oversee the Underwriting Department, attain operational goals and profit objectives as agreed upon and will serve as a technical resource for all areas of operations.
The job duties are as follows:
* Ensure appropriate underwriting screening and risk analysis is accomplished on new business requests and on renewals. Approve rating process on target cases.
* Develop and monitor special situations as assigned by senior management.
* Develop appropriate adjustments needed in trend factors, margins, retention factors and/or general and specific underwriting policies or rules.
* Assist in the analysis and monitoring of financial results for assigned business.
* Formulate with department managers the annual budgets and operating plans.
* Ensure assigned departments are properly staffed and trained.
* Perform other similar and related activities as required.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field and 7 to 10 years of related experience. Group Underwriting experience, with particular emphasis on stop loss insurance is required. Must demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills and be proficient using the MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
For over 90 years, Ullico, the only labor-owned insurance and investment company, has been a proud partner of the labor movement. From insurance products for members, leaders and employers, to investments that have created thousands of union jobs, our customers continue to count on Ullico to protect them. The Ullico Inc. family of companies includes The Union Labor Life Insurance Company; Ullico Casualty Group, Inc.; Ullico Investment Company, Inc.; and Ullico Investment Advisors, Inc.
We offer a competitive starting salary and an outstanding benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401(k) and pension plan. For immediate consideration please forward your cover letter and resume to HRDRESUME@ullico.com (please include position title in the subject line). Fax 202/962/8857. Ullico is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This organization participates in E-Verify.