We’re looking for a great Business Analyst who has at least 3 years of business analysis-related experience (preferably in insurance, financial services, or employee benefits administration). The level of the starting position will be determined by the candidate’s years of experience in the business analysis field. Also, we offer a hybrid work arrangement for employees to work from home 3 days per week. Although, in the Arlington, VA office we prefer someone who can commute to the Arlington, VA and work in the office 2x per week, we may consider a remote arrangement if the highly qualified employee does not live local to any of the NRECA offices and it’s not possible to commute each day.
What does a great Business Analyst for NRECA do?
As a Business Analyst II, you will conduct research and analysis to ensure that the Strategic Program Management team delivers value to its business and technical stakeholders. You will serve a meaningful role in driving customer satisfaction while in partnership with stakeholders across the organization. You will solve complex problems, take a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions and work independently, with guidance when needed. Specifically, you will be responsible for and can look forward to serving in the following capacities in your career as a Business Analyst:
Business Analyst (Project):
• Works with business and technical stakeholders to elicit and analyze business requirements of complex projects including but not limited to acceptance criteria, business rules, detailed requirements, user stories, model use cases, develop as-is and to-be business processes, impact analysis, risk analysis including assessing impacts and developing mitigation and contingency plans
• Works with development team and testers to ensure their understanding of the requirements and verifies their work
• Plans and oversees the user acceptance testing process including developing the test strategy, test environment needs, and the execution of the integrated end-to-end testing and parallel testing as needed
Business Analyst (Production Support):
• Leads and manages a cross-functional team to troubleshoot and resolve highly complex production support issues using standard and innovative problem management techniques; provides prompt, clear and timely communications
Business Process Analyst:
• Oversees, manages, and leads Business Process Excellence (BPE) projects of high complexity using Lean Six Sigma and BPE tools, techniques and standards to improve process efficiency and effectiveness while managing risks
Personal Development and Continuous Improvement:
• Continuously develops skills, competencies, certifications, and knowledge. Stays abreast of industry-leading project management, business analysis, business process analysis, change management and data management practices and techniques. Shares newly learned information with co-workers to generate new ideas and improvements to the way work is carried out. Recommends improvements to adopted standards, processes, and procedures. Leads the implementation of improved department business processes, procedures, and tools.
Required Qualifications for Consideration
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline with a preferred education focus on technology and business subjects, or equivalent work-related experience
• 3 – 9 years or more of business analysis related experience (preferably in insurance, financial services, employee benefits administration or related field)
• 3 – 9 years or more of experience with the Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Lifecycle (PLC) and related processes
• Experience with Waterfall, Lean Six Sigma or Agile (e.g., SCRUM, Kanban, SAFe) in a business and technology environment
• Proven skills in facilitation, collaboration, communication, etc.
Preferred Qualifications for Consideration
• Knowledge and experience with defined benefit plans
• Experience using Microsoft Visio or a similar diagramming tool, JIRA or a similar tracking tool, and WebEx or a similar application sharing tool.
• Experience using SQL in MS SQL Server (or comparable Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)).
• Ability to compose user stories and corresponding acceptance criteria/test cases through ‘Specification by Example’ and ‘Gherkin’ test cases
• Ability to collaborate with business users, QA, and other business domain experts to define complex functional specifications that serve as inputs within ‘Behavior Driven Development’ test automation frameworks such as Cucumber, SpecFlow, Selenium, and Cypress
• PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA); International Institute of Business Analytics (IIBA) - Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP); Axelos – ITIL Foundation Certification (IT Infrastructure Library); International Requirements Engineering Board (IREB) Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering (CPRE) Advanced Level; or Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent certification from professional organizations such as IIBA or PMI.
Abilities Required (as demonstrated by prior work experience)
• Ability to successfully lead and conduct business research, elicit requirements, configure systems, oversee testing, and conduct analysis for large to extra-large size and complexity projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
• Ability to understand, analyze, identify, and effectively communicate (both verbally and in writing) business/data/ application/system/integration requirements, issues, problems and impacts of high complexity.
• Ability to lead others, develop working relationships, foster collaboration, consensus building, gain agreement/commitment on a plan of action and effectively hold self and others accountable.
• Ability to effectively perform and work on multiple tasks while being flexible and able to cope with changing conditions, policies, procedures, requirements, etc. in a fast-paced and sometimes intense working environment.
• Ability to quickly identify and define issues and their root causes, establish facts, provide options and make recommendations that apply to the business and technology environment.
To apply please go to