At EVRAZ, our strength starts with our people! As a team we collaborate to solve problems, contribute ideas and challenge each other to ensure growth and ultimately success for the business and our employees.
Job Description And Responsibilities
We are seeking a Benefits Specialist to support the hands-on, day-to-day operations of our benefits team. Reporting to the Health and Welfare Manager, in this role you will be providing expertise, coordination and direction to staff at all levels, relating to EVRAZ North America’s health benefits, supporting services, retirement programs and other total reward programs. Working in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines, you will play a key role by spearheading our annual administration processes including Workday Open Enrollment testing, event processing, and collection of dependent and waiver documentation.
Strong preference will be given to qualified candidates in Chicago however open to hiring remote, with up to 10% business related travel
• Serves as the first point of contact for HR, A/P, finance, and the carriers, researching benefits questions and escalated issues
• Support departmental enquiries regarding total rewards policies, programs, processes, and procedures
• Oversee the day-to-day qualifying events and answer employee benefits-related questions
• Audit benefit premium deductions, investigate and resolve benefit premium discrepancies
• Be the subject matter expert in plan design and participate in carrier negotiations
• Process benefits billing and reconciliations
• Work with the Benefits carrier and Third-Party Administrator to resolve Benefits administrative inquiries
• Interpret related Benefit policies and procedures and ensure compliance with government and provincial/state regulations
• Support implementation/upgrade projects through regular documentation of current and newly introduced processes
• Plan administration for all welfare plans including retiree medical and life plans
• Develop materials for internal communications and synthesizing results for various projects and reports
• Participate in ongoing HR related projects and initiatives that intersect with the overall department mandate
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, HR or another related field
• Four years of US benefit administration experience, especially in group benefits an asset
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• $ 62,800 - $85,000
Our total compensation package includes amazing benefits!
• Competitive wages and bonus opportunities
• Family medical, dental, and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
• Short and long term disability programs
• Competitive retirement plans
• Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
• Employer-provided and Voluntary Life Insurance options
• Paid vacations and 10 paid holiday days per year
• Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
• Tuition reimbursement
• Wellness program
All applicants must be eligible to work in the USA without sponsorship.
While we thank all those who apply, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EVRAZ North America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
EVRAZ North America is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call: (312) 533-3577. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Join a team that manufactures excellence, drives success and builds careers!