Union Benefits Services
Posted on 9/11/2023
Union Benefits Services
Union Benefits is Canada's only third-party administration company owned and built by the union trust funds we work for.
Page Views: 644
For 40 years, Union Benefits has been leading the way when it comes to supporting multi-employer union trusts in Canada. We deliver innovative and market-leading member pension, health benefit, vacation pay, supplementary unemployment benefit, and productivity bonus plans programs and services on an "at-cost" basis for our clients
We believe our purpose is to support the health, wellness, and financial well-being of our union members and their families. The Pension Administrator supports this purpose by working closely with other Member Services and Trust Management colleagues. This position is accountable for supporting plan members in addressing and managing Pension related queries and actions.
• Day-to-day administration activities in support of both Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Pension Plans, as well as Group RRSP, plans.
• Communicate and coordinate with members, Union representatives, Actuaries, and Auditors regarding benefit entitlements, data, administration, and interpretations of Plan Provisions.
• Maintain up-to-date records for members.
• Work directly with Plan Sponsors and Insurance Carriers to maintain smooth plan operation, including overseeing changes to existing plans and implementing new plans.
• Determine entitlements of death, retirement, termination, and marriage breakdown, and shortened life expectancy in accordance with specific Plan Provisions and government legislation requirements.
• Work with our Actuarial firm to facilitate pension requests and process appropriate paperwork.
• Work with our Actuarial firm to provide member data required for valuations and member statements.
• Keeping apprised of new legislation and updating applicable forms, and communicating to relevant parties.
• Good working knowledge of the FSRA portal and the Ontario Pension Benefits Act.
• Filing of all pension plan amendments, including but not limited to Plan Texts, SIP&P etc.
• Ensuring that all documents are compliant and up to date, including but not limited to Plan Texts, Plan Booklets, etc.
• Ensuring that all processes and procedures are in place to ensure the Pension Plans are compliant in every way, including but not limited to missing members, booklets etc.
• Complete compliance reporting, including Annual Information Returns, financial statements, etc.
• Generate pension plan activity reports to support regular Plan Sponsor servicing meetings.
• Prepare monthly contribution files for electronic uploading to banks and insurance carriers.
Please note that our employees are currently working in a hybrid format. The training period for this position is in-office; upon completion of the training period, employees can take part in the hybrid working format.
If you want to work in a positive, challenging, and safe environment where your contributions are valued, please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Union Benefits is committed to creating an accessible environment for our employees and potential employees; we will attempt to make appropriate accommodations throughout the entire recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please advise us.