The Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Benefit Funds (“Funds”) located in Washington, D.C., are currently seeking a full-time IT Support Manager, reporting directly to the Program Manager. The IT Support Manager will have responsibility overseeing the internal IT support functions and for providing administrative and technical support of software applications that support the SEIU Benefit Funds’ operations. This position currently offers the option of a hybrid work arrangement, with the opportunity to work remotely up to three (3) days a week; however, this is subject to change depending on the Funds’ needs.
The SEIU Benefit Funds administer retirement and health benefits for members and staff of the Service Employees International Union and its affiliates, as well as eligible dependents and beneficiaries. More than 1,400 contributing employers participate in the Funds. Multiple Boards of Trustees, composed of union and employer representatives, oversee the Funds. The Benefit Funds consist of a Health & Welfare Fund, the SEIU National Industry Pension Fund (NIPF) as well as several other pension and 401(k) plans. Please visit www.seiufunds.org to learn more information about the Funds.
The IT Support Manager will have responsibility for establishing policies and procedures and providing the day-to-day IT support necessary to keep the Funds’ office systems and applications secure, reliable, and performing at a high level. The successful candidate will have a customer service focus while directly supporting end users.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
• Query SQL database and produce customized reports using SQL.
• Provide onsite/offsite/remote troubleshooting assistance to end users in partnership with the Funds’ third-party IT managed service provider (MSP).
• Provide assistance when end users encounter problems or defects with the Funds’ systems. This will include handling support requests received via telephone, internal or external emails, and requests to perform in-person support sessions.
• Escalate issues to respective software, hardware or support vendors for remediation using the appropriate tracking tools and procedures. Informs the Program Manager on tickets that violate stated SLA agreements with the vendors.
• Provide in-person and online training and support for the Funds’ web portals and other applications.
• Support internal and external webpage design and updates.
• Ensure backup of systems and all data.
• Responsible for the management of the Funds’ email accounts.
• Responsible for the installation and configuration of system software and updates as needed.
• Assist with implementation and monitoring of the Funds’ data/cyber security and fraud prevention programs.
• Support special projects including gathering data on new technology and privacy/security requirements, testing systems, assisting department managers on various projects, vendor contract management as well as serving as a liaison to outside vendors as requested.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
• Work Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of working experience in a support-oriented IT role. Experience with SQL report writing required.
• Educational Background: Bachelor’s degree (or Associate’s degree with 5 years of working experience) from an accredited college or university with coursework in information technology, information systems or other related coursework is required. SQL report writing experience is required.
• Special Skills or Credentials:
– Proficiency with current technologies, including Windows, laptop and other mobile devices, telephony (VoIP and associated systems), MS Office 365 suite and up-to-date knowledge of IT and software trends, is required.
– Intermediate/Advanced SQL report writing skills with ability to extract data from SQL database to produce customized reports is required.
– Ability to learn and support the Funds’ systems including ISSI-Ultra, Hyland OnBase and SharePoint is preferred.
– Knowledge of IT privacy and security as well as actual implementation experience, which could include HIPAA or other federal and state laws and regulations governing personally identifiable information (PII) or electronic protected health information (ePHI) is preferred.
– Ability to update the Funds’ existing webpage and provide application support.
– The ideal candidate will be a professional with demonstrated service and support skills, have a proven “hands-on” style, excellent judgment, and the ability to maintain confidentiality and build trust with employees along with a strong work ethic.
– Qualified candidates will possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, strong project management skills, strong analytical skills, and be detail-oriented and highly organized. Candidates must be able to multi-task and prioritize effectively in order to meet deadlines.
The SEIU Benefit Funds offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. The annual salary for this position is $103,000. The Funds are an affirmative action employer and encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.