Health and Welfare Supervisor
Broadview Heights, OH
Web Site Address:
The Health and Welfare Supervisor is a salaried position that reports to the Operational Supervisor Health and Welfare. The Health and Welfare Supervisor is responsible for processing medical claims and answering telephone inquiries from participants and members regarding their medical claims and supervising Medical Claims Adjusters, Prescription and Time Loss adjusters, and general Health and Welfare Clerical and Customer Service Staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ability to supervise and direct Health and Welfare Staff under the direction of the Health and Welfare Operations Supervisor.
2. Answer telephone calls from members and beneficiaries regarding claims or benefits
3. Processes Health and Welfare Claims
4. Research information regarding subpoenas or subrogations and prepare that information for review.
5. As required, prepares correspondence to members
6. Monitor and maintain office equipment
7. Tidy and maintain work area
8. Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a good command of language and vocabulary.
9. Normally works a minimum 8 hour day, with additional time necessary as needs dictate.
10. Follow company policies and procedures.
11. Travel to & from work.
12. Detail oriented, with training ability.
13. Read & write proficiently
14. Add, subtract, multiply & divide.
Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent required, Post-secondary degree preferred, CEBS a plus
2. Three years or more claims processing experience
3. Experience in both online and manual claims processing
4. Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures, including CPT coding
5. Knowledge of and ability to work with computers and relevant software applications, including computer proficiency in Windows, MS Office and ability to learn Fund computer systems.
6. Knowledge or experience with ISSI Fund system software a plus
7. Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
8. Keyboard skills
1. Verbal and written communication skills
2. Professional personal presentation
3. Customer service orientation
4. Information management
5. Organizing, planning, and presenting
6. Attention to detail
7. The ability to problem solve and think independently
10. Stress tolerance
Health and Welfare hourly staff
Pay and Benefits
Full Fund Benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision
Fund Paid DB Pension Plan along with optional Employee Staff Plan
Paid Holidays and Vacation
Salary will be based on experience and competencies
Respond with resume and qualifications to:
UFCW Local 880 Health and Welfare Fund
9199 Marketplace, Suite 1
Broadview Heights, OH 44147
UFCW Local 880 Benefit Funds
Page views: 604