Position Title: Fund Administrative Assistant
Classification: Full Time Exempt, Salaried
Weekly Hours: 40.00, Office Service Hours are currently 8:30am to 5:00pm M-F. Office typically staffed from 7:30am to approximately 5:30pm daily.
Department: Fund Office
Reports to: Funds Administrative Manager
Supervises: All Fund Staff in Conjunction with Health and Welfare Operations Manager and Pension Assistant Administrative Manager
Location: Broadview Heights, OH
The Fund Administrative Assistant reports to the Administrative Manager and aids in the management and coordination of the activities of the Claims Department, as well as the Eligibility and Customer Service departments, to ensure efficient workflow and accuracy in conjunction with the Health and Welfare Operational Supervisor, and the Pension Assistant Administrative Manager. Oversees and aids in the management of Claims Processors, Eligibility Coordinators, Customer Service Representatives, Supervisors, and Receptionist. Assists Administrative Manager in areas concerning health and welfare and pension benefits as well as other duties assigned by the Administrative Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aid in the Administration of Health and Welfare Plan and Pension Plan benefits in accordance with Plan terms and as directed and interpreted by the Board of Trustees through the Administrative Manager and as regulated under Federal law.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of day-to-day operations of Claims Department in conjuction with the Health and Welfare Operations Supervisor and pension staff in conjunction with the Pension Assistant Administrative Manager.
- Aids in the supervision of Senior Claims Supervisors, Claims Analysts, Claims Processors, Customer Service Representatives, eligibility staff, and reviews appraisals or performance of subordinates, and assists in the direction of training and development.
- Recommends and/or implements new or changed procedures, practices, and activities of the Fund Office.
- Attends regular meetings of the Board of Trustees, and aids in the preparation of appeals and reports for Trustees as needed.
- Recommends, when appropriate, organizational changes to the above departments.
- Decides and consults on claims procedures, policies, and development of plans. Consults with Administrative Manager, Fund counsel and Actuaries.
- Management liaison with service providers.
- Aids in the Approval of all Health and Welfare and PensionPublications and postings to to Fund Website.
- Assists with approval of all retro-contributions or credits.
- Works with Fund Book Keeper to provide plan information to actuarial consultants and accountants for year-end reporting.
- Assists Fund Counsel in drafting restatements of Summary Plan Description and Plan Document.
- Assists in all Human Resource duties including interviews of applicants for Fund Office positions as required.
- Reviews all Health & Welfare and Pension Fund communications to participants.
- Work and coordinate with Fund professionals (actuary, counsel, auditor) as needed to meet deadlines for filings, communicate with participants, draft and distribute required notices, etc.
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and produce results with and through others
- Strong Human Resources and Management skills
- Works well with management, peers, and staff
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and work collaboratively
- Experience with employee training and development
- Experience with ISSI Software Claims system
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 3-12 month time span
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities. Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and manage interruptions
- Self-starter; self-directed. Quality oriented and attention to detail. Extremely well organized.
- Ability to interpret policies and disseminate information. Ability to read, comprehend and implement regulations and benefit policies
- Strong analytical ability; good judgment
- Strong problem-solving ability; improves existing practices and protocols
- Ability to calculate figures and determines amounts accurately by applying clearly established and consistent procedures
- Maintain strict confidentiality of personally identifiable member and employee information
- Computer proficiency, ability to work with Microsoft Office applications and learn new technology
- Must be willing to work in excess of 40 hours per week, including infrequent weekends when necessary
- College and degree preferred but may be waived based upon experience.
- Background or experience in Human Resources, and CEBS preferred.
- Ability to analyze, think logically and problem solve.
- Minimum five years supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of ACA rules and regulations.
Full Health and Welfare Benefits (medical, dental, vision, time loss) and Pension contributions provided, all with only with minimal contribution for supplemental dental program. Additional contributory staff defined benefit pension plan available on a voluntary contribution basis.
Competitive Salary offer will be based on education and experience.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in the job description.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Reply by Mail to:
Attention Administrative Manager
Personal and Confidential
UFCW Local 880 Benefit Funds
9199 Marketplace Suite 1
Broadview Heights, OH 44147
Or, by email to: