(State Program Admin Manager Principal)
Salary Range: $87,320 - $125,238 /annually
This position exists to manage and coordinate the daily operations of Employee Insurance (EI), assist with developing and implementing EI goals and strategies, monitor program performance compared to goals, manage relationships with key EI contractors, and manage and coordinate intra-agency and external communications, to ensure that all State of Minnesota employees have access to high-quality, cost-effective group insurance and other related benefits.
Programs administered by the Employee Insurance Division include:
• The State Employee Group Insurance Program (SEGIP) for over 130,000 insurance eligible employees, retirees and dependents from all 3 branches of government, MNSCU and quasi state agencies;
• The Public Employees Insurance Program (PEIP) for approximately 50,000 public employees, retirees and dependents of participating cities, counties, towns and school districts.
The minimum qualifications of this position include:
• Bachelor's Degree or higher (preferably in Health Administration, Economics, Public Policy, Business or a related field);
* At least three (3) years of supervisory experience sufficient to lead and manage professional level staff in a work environment with competing priorities and points of view
* Working knowledge of private and/or public health insurance programs, policy, and administration
* Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to health insurance
* Knowledge of health care market trends, including cost trends, benefit design trends, and strategies to contain cost and increase value
* Experience in health insurance design and health care purchasing strategies
* Experience with health care cost and quality metrics, including data sources and analysis
* Critical thinking and problem solving skills
* Experience managing projects, performance and budgets.
* Direct change efforts for continuous improvement
* Collaborate effectively with clients and stakeholders, including policymakers, labor unions, claims administrators, and health care providers
* Work collaboratively to develop strategic directions for programs and processes that are supported by sound analysis
* Anticipate the potential policy and political ramifications of decisions and work proactively to address them
* Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Direct and/or conduct data analysis to identify key trends and cost drivers, assess program performance, and identify opportunities for performance improvement
* Interpret, evaluate and assess the impact of policy, legislative, and legal changes that impact the program.
Minnesota Management and Budget will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and a criminal background check prior to appointment.
How To Apply:
Job Posting Number: 41600
Posting Closes: 9/21/2020