Lawrie Insurance Group, is seeking a Director of Client Services - Employee Benefits to join their multi-disciplined insurance brokerage firm in Hamilton. If you are looking for a dynamic, exciting, and fast-paced workplace with a strong corporate culture and you want to a grow your career, this is it.
You need to be an experienced leader in the financial services industry with in-depth knowledge of servicing Employee Benefits. Knowledge of Group Retirement, Life and Living Benefits would be an asset. Being a strong communicator with proven coaching skills is also a must.
As the Director of Client Services – Employee Benefits you will be a member of the leadership team and will work collaboratively with both the service and consulting teams. In essence, Lawrie Insurance Group, is looking for a leader with diverse skills across various functional areas with strong business acumen and experience in servicing group employee benefits.
What will you do?
• Lead, drive and support the business operations through strategy, operating plan, administrative budgets, and processes
• Exhibit a leadership style that fosters a culture of innovation, creativity, accountability, and collaboration
• Consistently inspire, guide and communicate directly with the employees and management team
• Lead the department meetings
• Prepare for and attend monthly leadership meetings to update the executive team on the financial results of the department
• Build excellent relationships with all carriers that support our block of businesses
• Keep abreast of market trends and consistently communicate internally
• Grow the talents of the service team by developing and evaluating their individual professional plans and coach and train on technical skills and product knowledge
• Responsible for service workflow development, auditing and optimization
• Accountable for the overall wellbeing of the department from satisfaction of clients, the employees and departmental financials
What will you bring?
• Intermediate to senior level experience at leadership level within a brokerage setting/financial services/benefits consulting company
• Post-secondary education preferably in business and/or related industry training/credentials
• In-depth knowledge of Employee Benefits a must
• Knowledge of Group Retirement, Life and Living Benefits, an asset
• Strong initiative, leadership, and strategic thinking abilities
• Ability to work independently and with all levels of the organization
• Exceptional communication, collaboration, and negotiation skills required to affect change and to build effective working relationships
• Solid knowledge and understanding of how products and services impact customer needs and develop processes to improve quality
• Ability to be a self-starter with strong written and oral communication skills as well as organizational skills
• Advanced skills in PowerPoint, Excel, Word and an industry specific ERP - experience with EPIC an asset
Why Lawrie Insurance Group?
• Comprehensive benefits plan
• Competitive Incentive Program
• Company pension plan and optional RRSP
• Education and career development support
• Continuing education reimbursement program
• Positive work culture and environment
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Fun team environment with family-like atmosphere and community focused
About Lawrie Insurance Group:
Founded in 1982 and now ranked in the top 5% of brokerages in Canada, Lawrie Insurance Group, is a privately owned and operated insurance brokerage with over 100 employees specializing in all areas of personal and corporate property/casualty insurance, employee benefits, financial services and group retirement products. We are a fiercely independent insurance brokerage with no financial ties to any of our insuring partners, allowing us to be truly objective in meeting the needs of our clients. Our relationships with our insuring partners are solid and we represent over 60 Canadian and International insurance companies giving us full access to aligning clients with the right insurer for the long-term. Our success over the past 30+ years has been built by the amazing people at Lawrie Insurance Group and the relationships of trust that are built with clients and the community as a whole.
We offer a work environment that is described by our clients, insurers and employees as being fun, challenging, stimulating, fast paced and highly professional.
Please apply at: https://hrfusioncareers.prevueaps.com/jobs/150481.html
Please note, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this exciting opportunity.
Lawrie Insurance Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.