The Client Service Consultant (CSC) is accountable for providing accurate and timely customer service, calculations, interpretations, counseling and information by developing an expert level of knowledge of policies, procedures, methods, regulations, and legislation regarding pension and related benefits for active and retired clients of four distinct pension plans.
We deliver pension administration services through a team of professional, talented, and dedicated individuals. We are committed to serving the best interests of our members by delivering a consistent experience to all stakeholders that is guided by our service standards.
- Perform retirement, termination, purchase of service, marriage breakdown and reciprocal transfer calculations.
- Deliver education seminars and information sessions to individual plan members across the province.
- Provide assistance to clients concerning benefit eligibility and plan rules.
- Prepare, compile, direct and authorize updates, additions, deletions and corrections to monthly pension payroll.
- Perform ongoing quality control activities to ensure accurate pension information is processed and changes are communicated to plan members within specified timelines.
- Develop an expert understanding of all pension policies, procedures, regulations and legislation.
- Work effectively in a team environment where mutual accountability and positive results are measures of success.
IMPORTANT: It is imperative that your cover letter and resume specify how your education and previous work experience qualifies you to meet the minimum qualifications in the job posting. Failure to do so could result in your application being screened out of the competition. Nova Scotia Pension Services Corporation cannot make assumptions concerning your education and experience.
- University degree related to actuarial science, business, commerce, economics, finance, mathematics or accounting.
- Three years related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Related experience is defined as customer service experience in pension administration or financial services.
- A Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation or Pension Plan Administration Certificate (PPAC) is considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills as well as effective presentation skills. Bilingualism (French) is an asset.
- Proven ability to interpret complex information and provide simplified explanations.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to perform accurate mathematical calculations.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Able to balance multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Must demonstrate initiative and strong customer service orientation.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
In addition to an interview, qualified candidates will be required to deliver a short presentation.
Job Status: Full-time, permanent (2 positions)
Salary Range: $2,347.99 to $2,745.86 (bi-weekly)
Closing Date: Wednesday April 7, 2021
Working With Us:
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and clients feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from Indigenous Peoples, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, women and persons of the LGBTQ2SIA+ community. If you are a member of one of these groups, you are encouraged to self-identify.
We are committed to ensuring accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodation upon request.
We offer an excellent working environment where work life balance is valued. Our people and their commitment to quality work is what drives our success.
Our comprehensive remuneration package includes health and dental benefits, life insurance, long and short-term disability, health spending account, an employee and family assistance plan, generous leave benefits, and an excellent defined benefit pension plan. We also offer opportunities for professional growth with an education assistance program.
Our premises are within the Purdy's Wharf complex which provides amenities such as an on-site daycare and a gym. Our office is connected to the downtown pedway system and situated close to Halifax's beautiful waterfront providing easy access to ferry and bus transit hubs, banks, restaurants, shopping, dental and medical clinics.
Further information can be found at: www.novascotiapension.ca
If you meet the above requirements and qualifications, we look forward to receiving your application.