Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Prepare general ledger
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
• Record monthly investment activity
• Prepare checks and deposits as needed
• Closely monitor bank balances and fund when needed
• Perform general ledger account reconciliations
• Prepare monthly benefit plan financial statements
• Use on-line banking for multiple banks
• Perform year-end audit preparation
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner and respectful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibilities for own actions; Follows through on commitments; Team Player. Works well with all levels of the organization.
• Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality; Takes pride in his/her own work; Organized.
• Quantity- Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
• Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Attendance/Punctuality- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
• Adaptability- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Ability to prioritize duties.
• Communication- Speaks clearly; Listens well and asks for clarification when appropriate; Responds well to questions; writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Able to read and interpret written information.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have the following qualifications:
• Experience: Two year Accounting degree or two plus years related experience and/or training.
• Computer Skills: Proficiency with all aspects of Microsoft Office. Quick learner of other computer applications.