Licensing and Professional Credit

Insurance Agents, Brokers and Adjusters

Insurance professionals licensed in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Ontario can use CEBS courses to meet continuing education requirements. 

In British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Ontario, we recommend 30 credit hours for each course when the examination is passed. Note, some provinces may not accept the full 30 credit hours, this is our recommendation only.

Continuing education credit is no longer available in Quebec (Chambre de la sécurité financière), due to a change in approval/reporting regulations. 

Alberta has approved the courses as follows:

GBA 1: 30 General
GBA 2: 30 Accident and Sickness
GBA/RPA 3: 15 Life and 15 General
RPA 1: 30 Life
RPA 2:  30 Life

Manitoba has approved the courses as follows:

GBA 1: 30 Life and/or A&S
GBA 2: 30 Life and/or A&S
GBA/RPA 3: 30 Life and/or A&S
RPA 1: 30 Life and/or A&S
RPA 2: 30 Life and/or A&S

Reporting Credit

Detailed reporting procedures are available from each province.  

If you are licensed in Alberta or Manitoba, complete the Continuing Education Credit section of the CEBS Order Form to request the International Foundation to automatically confirm credit for the exams applied for on that application. A Continuing Education Certificate with the approval information needed to report your credit will be mailed to you.  A late fee will apply for late requests made after exam pass date.

Property/Casualty Agents 

Credit is not deemed to be *technical* insurance credit for property/casualty license holders.

Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO) 

Please contact us if interested in RIBO credit. 


Continuing education credit may be earned for other designations - this credit will need to be self-reported. Thirty (30) credit hour for each CEBS course passed is recommended, not all agencies will accept the full 30 hours, the amount of credit you can earn may be determined by your agency on an individual basis.

To request credit for passing an examination:
  • Complete the Continuing Education Credit section of the CEBS Order Form. Make sure to indicate the province you are licensed in. Please update your license/NPN information as needed.
  • A late fee will apply for late requests made after exam pass date.
  • Credit will be issued for successfully completed exams no later than 30 days after the exam takes place. (Reporting requirements vary by province.)

Some provinces/territories require that self-study exams be taken in a proctored (monitored) environment.  It is your responsibility to confirm with your licensing board CE rules  that apply to you before completing an application for a virtual exam. The Proctorio extension is not a proctored environment for CE purposes. If your province/territory board requires a monitored exam, you MUST complete the Continuing Education Monitor Affidavit and return it per the instructions on the form.  Failure to return a required form will result in no credit being reported. 

Proctor requirements may vary by province/territory, but in general a proctor must meet these requirements:

• Must be over 18 years old

• Must be a disinterested third-party with no financial interest in promoting a successful examination result

• May be a co-worker provided there is no direct reporting relationship

• Must not be anyone in direct line of authority with the examinee (not an employee, employer, or supervisor)

• Must not have a family interest in the success of the examinee

• Must not be a teacher or former pupil

• Must commit to being in the room with the examinee for the entire virtual online exam.

Direct Questions to:

 Continuing Education Department

 International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans

 (262) 786-6710, option 2


In order to achieve a more secure and compliant experience, we no longer support Internet Explorer. Please use one of the browsers listed below:

  • Microsoft Edge
  • Google Chrome
  • Mozilla Firefox
  • Apple Safari

View our system requirements for more details.