Principles of Conduct
In order to support the basic objectives of high levels of competence, performance and ethical conduct, all persons who seek or obtain the CEBS designation are expected to comply with the letter and spirit of these Principles of Conduct.
- Principle 1: In all professional, business or fiduciary relationships, a CEBS shall act with honor and integrity in dealings with the public, plan participants, employers, clients and other professionals.
- Principle 2: A CEBS shall continually strive to maintain and improve the knowledge, skills and competence needed for effective performance in the profession. This not only includes the initial acquisition of professional knowledge and skills but also requires continued learning and development.
- Principle 3: When serving an employee benefits plan, whether in a fiduciary capacity or otherwise, a CEBS shall apply care, skill, prudence and diligence in accordance with the “prudent person rule.”
- Principle 4: A CEBS shall not allow the pursuit of financial gain or other personal benefit to interfere with the best interests of plan participants, beneficiaries, employers and clients.
- Principle 5: In business, professional or fiduciary activities, a CEBS shall avoid any activity or conduct that constitutes a dishonest, deceitful, fraudulent or knowingly illegal act.
- Principle 6: A CEBS shall maintain knowledge of and comply with the enforcement of laws, regulations and codes that foster the highest level of competence, performance and ethical conduct as it pertains to employee benefits plans.
- Principle 7: A CEBS shall respect confidential relationships that may arise in business or professional activities.
- Principle 8: A CEBS shall honor the integrity and respect the limitations placed on the use of the CEBS designation.
- Principle 9: A CEBS shall only recommend for CEBS candidacy those individuals known by the member who engage in practices that conform with the Principles of Conduct.
Questions about your next step? Give us a call at (800) 449-2327, option 3 or e-mail email@example.com.