SEIU Benefit Funds
Posted on 11/20/2023
Contributions Compliance Manager
SEIU Benefit Funds
Page Views: 477
The Contributions Compliance Manager ensures that all contributions to the defined benefit plans (US and Canada) administered by the SEIU Benefits Funds are in compliance with the contribution requirements of the plans, ERISA, the IRC, relevant collective bargaining agreements, and other governing documents. This position oversees the collection, posting and reconciliation of all employer contributions and is responsible for the reporting and collection of delinquencies. This position also oversees the collection and compliance of all collective bargaining agreements and participation agreements that require contributions to the plans.
• Oversee all functions and responsibilities of the Assistant Contributions Compliance Manager
• Oversee the tracking, posting, and collection of contributions and ensure that the contributions are properly credited to employer and participants’ accounts, working directly with Legal Counsel as needed
• Oversee and monitor the collection of collective bargaining agreements and participation agreements and ensure that the negotiated language is in compliance with legislative requirements and Plan rules, working directly with Legal Counsel as needed
• Handle all matters relating to withdrawal liability
• Monitor, create, and provide reports to the Executive Director and the Trustees
• Handle all matters related to nondiscrimination testing
• Travel to employer or local union sites when necessary to make presentations on pension funds or to resolve collective bargaining issues
• Oversee the preparation of the pension adjustments to be included on the T-4 Forms for the Canadian defined benefit plans
• Oversee the collection, recording, and maintenance of participant and beneficiary information
• Create and implement policies and procedures, as needed
• Work with Fund actuaries to prepare reports for valuations and other matters
• Work with the - Payroll Review Manager to oversee the tracking, posting, and collection of audit delinquencies and ensure that the delinquencies are properly credited to employer and participants’ accounts
• Perform other duties as assigned in support of the SEIU Benefit Funds
Direction and Decision Making:
This position reports to the Assistant Executive Director and works independently.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or other related field, six (6) years of collections/compliance experience, and four (4) years of management experience or a Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school with relevant experience
Or a combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of ERISA and relevant IRC sections
• Knowledge of multiemployer pension plans
• Ability to analyze reports and implement positive change
• Ability to review, revise and implement processes to increase efficiencies of department operations
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Demonstrated leadership skills, ability to manage several staff members
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to produce work accurately and thoroughly.
• Ability to maintain a flexible attitude and approach toward assignments while actively participating and supporting a team environment.
• Ability to simultaneously track the progress of numerous projects and reports
• Ability to design and implement short- and long-term tasks and goals for the department
• Strong diplomatic, discretionary and problem-solving skills
• Must maintain ethical conduct.
• Advanced skills in the use of databases, spreadsheets and word processing software, including Microsoft Office Suite. Experience using ISSI Ultra, SQL, and Hyland Onbase a plus.
Work is generally performed in an office setting but may be required to work in other settings conducive to performing the tasks required to complete assignments.
Travel may be required (up to 25%).
Employer paid healthcare, employer paid pension plan, optional 401(k) plan, transportation benefits, and telework available.