Welfare Fund Eligibility Manager
Mason Tenders’ District Council Trust Funds
New York, New York
Manage the day to day operations of the Eligibility Department of the Welfare Fund which covers medical, dental, prescription drug, vision, short term disability, paid family leave, and death benefits. Includes the supervision and management of four staff members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assure Funds’ compliance with the Plan document and consult with Funds’ service providers regarding such compliance.
• Execute and supervise the participant enrollment and benefit application processes, as well as the maintenance of participant records related to hours worked.
• Work with service providers
• Explain Welfare Fund eligibility rules, procedures and requirements to members and ensure staff is doing the same
• Minimum of five years’ experience with Welfare Fund benefits
• Experience with working on multiemployer Welfare Fund administration, including eligibility requirements and benefit provisions is required
• Knowledge of Federal and State regulations governing the administration of employee benefit plans, including COBRA and HIPAA is required
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, consultants
• General knowledge of techniques of data analysis, compilation and reporting, principles and practices of effective supervision, and techniques of effective project management
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Commitment to consistent attendance and punctuality
• Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
• Detail-oriented, as well as strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
• High School diploma
• Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
• Knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word, and Windows applications (preferred)
• Knowledge of AS400 a plus