A flexible spending account (FSA) is an individual account that can reimburse an employee for qualified medical expenses and work-related child-care expenses. This course reviews the different types of FSAs, how employers can design these plans, compliance requirements, tax advantages, reimbursement rules, claims substantiation and other administration considerations. Conclude this course by comparing FSAs to other employer-sponsored health accounts.
- Section 125 Plans
- Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts (HCFSAs)
- HCFSA Rules and Design Options
- Compliance Considerations for HCFSAs
- Premium Reimbursement Accounts (PRAs)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (DCFSAs)
- Election Rules for All FSAs
- FSA Continuation During Leaves of Absence
- FSA Claims
- Terminating Participation in an FSA
- Pros and Cons of FSAs.
View full course outline [PDF].