Leave programs provide employees the opportunity to take time off from work as needed to refresh, vacation, resolve personal issues, or address medical problems without the risk of losing their jobs. In some cases, leave is fully- or partially-paid and other employee benefits continue uninterrupted. This course will review the various types of short and long-term leave programs that employers can provide, as well as best practices for designing and administering these benefits while maintaining compliance with federal, state and jurisdictional laws.
- Short-Term Leave Programs: Paid Vacation Policies
- Short-Term Leave Programs: Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holiday Leave, and PTO Policies
- Other Types of Short-Term Leave Programs
- Long-Term Leave Programs: FMLA and USERRA
- Long-Term Leave Programs: Paid Parental and Family Leave
- Long-Term Leave Programs: Paid Disability Leave
- Long-Term Leave Programs: Sabbatical Programs
- Leave Program Administration
- Coordinating Multiple Leave Programs.
View full course outline [PDF].