- What's Working: Building Wellness Program Participation and Engagement. Discusses Walworth County Wisconsin's employees' responses to health risk assessments (HRAs), and how the county has adjusted wellness programs to increase participation.
- What Working: Building an Online Connection - Albertans in K-12 education system are building an online connection with professionals who share a passion for organizational health and wellness.
- What's Working: Building Wellness Program Participation and Engagement - Discusses Walworth County Wisconsin's employees' responses to health risk assessments (HRAs), and how the county has adjusted wellness programs to increase participation.
- What's Working: Plan, Engage, Change! - The City of Kelowna offers a wellness program that continues to examine new ways to succeed nearly 20 years after its inception
- What's Working: Coaching Employees Toward Better Health - A wellness program for the employees of the City of McAllen, Texas is designed to address a wide range of goals and needs.
What's Working: Wellness Champions - As the designated employee wellness champion for her worksite, Jane Schultz has used personal knowledge of her coworkers-along with information garnered from an annual survey- to taylor wellness-related activities to the staff.
What's Working: Wellness Inside and Out - When designing wellness programming for rural electric co-op employees, it was important for the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) to consider the distinct needs of two groups: employees who work inside and those who work outside.
What's Working: "Biggest Loser" Is A Big Winner - The Labor-Management Healthcare Fund (LMHF) offers many wellness benefits, including a weight-loss and fitness camp and a three-day stress management program.
What's Working - Florida State College at Jacksonville (FSCJ) - Although only a year old, Florida State College at Jacksonville has garnered widespread support and involvement from employees and partners.
What's Working - Pinellas County Schools - The Pinellas County School System uses a network of district employee wellness champions to create effective wellness programs at their worksites.
What's Working - New York City Health Care Savings Update - Under a new initiative called WorkWell NYC, the city has implemented a number of long-term wellness strategies to improve worker health, cut health costs and generate a culture of health among the workforce.
What's Working – New York City's Health Care Cost Savings Plan - In 2015, New York City reached an agreement with over 80% of the workforce that included an unprecedented approach to resolving their health care issues.
What's Working - Tracking Wellness Data - Employee Benefit Fund points to six years' worth of savings - and a fitter, happier member service staff - to show that data-driven wellness initiatives pay off in more ways than one.
What's Working - First Year of Firefighter's On-Site Clinic - The Palm Beach Fire Fighters Employee Benefits Fund opened an on-site clinic in 2013 that is already saving money and getting high marks from firefighters and their families.
Dublin, OH: Seeded health savings accounts based on wellness participation and outcomes individually and as part of a team. Joined community-based program to promote a whole food, plant-based diet.
- What's Working: Bringing Wellness In-House. In 2017, the Michigan United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW) Unions and Employers Health and WElfare Plan decided to bring administration of its four-year-old wellness program in house rather than contracting with an outside vendor to run the program.
- What Working: Adapting to Meet Member Needs. The Joint Benefits Trust (JBT) Health and Welfare Plan has adapted its wellness and health screening program to serve the shifting needs of plan members over five decades.
- What's Working: Peer Workshops Help Participants Help Themselves - UNITE HERE HEALTH (UHH), a multiemployer welfare fund presents Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (CDSMP) workshops led by two trained leaders, at least one of whom is rank-and-file fund participant who has a chronic disease and is not a health professional.
What's Working: Making Wellness a Family Affair - The United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbers and Pipfitting Industry Local 496, offers a wellness program to its members and retired members. Reaching spouses and partners is one part of a strategy to get plan members engaged in the program.
What's Working - Labor Management Healthcare Fund - The Fund that insures 33,000 lives and provides health care for employees of 10 Erie County municipalities and government agences wins big by sending 75 members annually to the Biggest Loser Resort nearby.
- What's Working - International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees - IATSE's health care coordinator/registered nurse answers members' questions, checks blood pressure, speaks on wellness topics and contacts members with chronic health problems to help them avoid gaps in care.
- What's Working: A Colorful EAP Rebrand. T-Mobile's LiveMagenta program is an employee assistance program minus the EAP stigma and with an approach that fits T-Mobile's unconventional attitude.
What's Working: Recipe for Team Success. In 2017, Manitoba Nurses Union used homemade soup lunches as part of a wider effort to entice employees into incorporating healthy activities into their lives.
What's Working - National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) - Employees of rural electric cooperatives are responsible for supplying and maintaining power to 42 million U.S. residents. Due to the physical nature of many co-op jobs, employees face unique health challenges that can increase health care costs.
What's Working - Building Savings, Reducing Stress - A bank created their Financial Fitness Program for Teammates featuring online education, assigned tasks like setting a budget and volunteering, and wealth assistance to help employees build an emergency savings account. (SunTrust Banks Inc.) (also watch SunTrust's story)
What's Working - Changing Employee Health Behaviors - Dominion Resources' successful wellness program was tailored to its workforce.
What's Working - Engagement, Accountability, Incentives - Tenet Healthcare's comprehensive wellness program reflects the six dimensions of wellness, physical, emotional, social, environmental, financial and learning.
What's Working - Benefits and Financial Education - A Midwestern publishing company's financial wellness program increased 401(k) participation and deferral rates, and reduced employees' financial distress. (Meredith Corp.)
What's Working - Employee Engagement in Wellness - Westinghouse Electric Company uses a variety of programs, services and strategies to engage employees and dependents in wellness.
What's Working - A Healthy Workplace - The International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans shares its own success story regarding its total approach to workplace wellness.
What's Working - Wellness Incentives - United Methodist Clergy group impacts health and costs with wellness incentives.
What's Working - Games Engage Employees - Companies are using interactive games as a resource to motivate and educate staff.