You are encouraged to choose education activities that are relevant to your professional role and interests, especially if you are also pursuing continuing education requirements for another professional designation or license.
The topics below reflect the existing content domains covered in the CEBS curriculum and provide the educational framework for qualifying activities for compliance credit. The topics cover both the breadth of the subject matter as well as applications and industry practices in the CEBS curriculum.
Education activities must relate to one or more elements of the body of knowledge as delineated in the following content areas.
- Group Benefits Management
- Retirement Plans Management
- Wealth Management/Personal Financial Planning
- Governance/Integration/Coordination of Private, Group and Public Plans
- Plan Design
- Plan Funding and Finance
- Plan Administration/Claims
- Plan Communication
- Compliance Practices
- Resource and Cost-Containment Practices
- Technology, Service and Support Practices
- Regulatory, Legislative and Marketplace Developments
- Ethics and Professional/Fiduciary Responsibility
In addition to the topics listed above, these content areas (which were in the CEBS curriculum prior to 2017) are also considered for education activities.
- Compensation Management
- Human Resources Management