Recommended Sequence (course 4 of 4): It is recommended that you take this course last, after taking
Group Insurance Landscape,
Group Benefits Design and Administration, and
Group Benefits Funding and Pricing.
Life Cycle of a Group Benefits Plan outlines the insurer’s role and responsibilities at all stages of a group benefits plan life cycle—prospecting, quoting/proposing, selling, implementing, servicing, amending/renewing and terminating a group insurance plan. The application of principles of ethical decision making throughout the life cycle of a group benefits plan is examined from the perspectives of all parties involved—plan sponsor, insurer, plan advisors and plan members.
- Lesson 1: Prospecting a Group Benefits Plan
- Lesson 2: Quoting/Proposing and Selling a Group Benefits Plan
- Lesson 3: Implementing and Servicing a Group Benefits Plan
- Lesson 4: Amending/Renewing to Terminating a Group Benefits Plan
- Lesson 5: Ethical Decision Making
View full course outline [PDF].
This course counts toward the
Fundamentals in Group Benefits certificate. Earn your certificate to understand why insurance is needed, the common benefits provided under group benefits plans, and the roles and responsibilities regarding the management of a group benefits plan. Learn more.