Recommended Sequence (part 1 of 4): It is recommended that you take this course first before
Employer-Sponsored Retirement Plans,
Retirement Plan Sponsor Responsibilities, and
Life Cycle of a Group Retirement Plan.
The Retirement Landscape provides a basic understanding of what retirement income needs are and how retirement plans work to meet these needs. It introduces the three pillars of the retirement system, outlines the key characteristics and the prevalence of registered and non-registered plans, including defined benefit and defined contribution plans. Regulatory requirements and the plan sponsor’s role are briefly discussed.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Retirement Plans
- Lesson 2: Introduction to Investments
- Lesson 3: Government Programs and Individual Approaches to Retirement Saving
- Lesson 4: Group Retirement and Savings Plans
- Lesson 5: Registered Pension Plans (RPPs)
View full course outline [PDF].
This course counts toward the
Fundamentals in Retirement Plans certificate. Earn your certificate to understand what retirement income needs are and how retirement plans work to meet those needs.