The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) generally requires that most employer-sponsored group health plans must provide employees and their families the opportunity for a temporary extension of plan coverage in certain instances when that coverage would otherwise end. This e-learning course will explain the technicalities of COBRA, including who is entitled to COBRA and how it must be administered.
You will learn:
- The background and basics of COBRA requirements
- Which plan sponsors and plans must comply with COBRA
- Who is entitled to COBRA
- What triggers the obligation to offer COBRA
- What COBRA coverage is
- Who must provide COBRA notices and when
- How and when a qualified beneficiary can elect COBRA
- How and when a qualified beneficiary must pay for COBRA.
View full course outline [PDF].