The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) is a federal law that serves to balance the demands of the workplace with the needs of families by protecting employees and employers when reasonable, approved military- and non-military-related leave is needed. This course will identify how to recognize coverage and eligibility requirements of employees, identify the responsibilities of employers, deal with employee discipline and terminations in accordance with FMLA, avoid common administration mistakes, implement best practices and be aware of interactions with other laws.
- Lesson One: The Basics of FMLA
- Lesson Two: Coverage and Availability
- Lesson Three: Designating FMLA Leave
- Lesson Four: Serious Health Conditions and Medical Certifications
- Lesson Five: Compensation and Benefits
- Lesson Six: Job Status
- Lesson Seven: Termination and Discipline
- Lesson Eight: Avoiding Common Mistakes and Implementing Best Practices
View full course outline [PDF].