The impact of Social Security is far-reaching. Since its enactment in 1935, Social Security has become a primary means of funding retirement for many workers and their beneficiaries. This self-paced, interactive course is designed to help both employers and individual workers understand eligibility requirements, funding processes and ways to maximize benefits in anticipation of applying for Social Security or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI).
- Lesson One: History and Significance of Social Security
- Lesson Two: Funding Social Security
- Lesson Three: Basic Eligibility for Social Security Benefits
- Lesson Four: Social Security Benefits Formulas
- Lesson Five: Social Security Benefits for Family
- Lesson Six: When to File for Social Security Benefits
- Lesson Seven: Social Security Benefit Payments
- Lesson Eight: Public Sector Employees
- Lesson Nine: Social Security Disability Benefits
View full course outline [PDF].